Just posted by the City of Regina on Friday at 2:30 (ish) pm before the long weekend, a media release outlining the “opportunity” of 4 hours time to comment on the RPL proposal about Central Library. This Committee will make recommendations to the City of Regina about City support of major projects, including Central Library.
Regina Residents Invited to Provide Input on Once-in-a-Generation Catalyst Committee Projects, October 7, 2022
- Consultations will be from 11 am to 1 pm and 5 to 7 pm from Oct. 17 to 20
- Central Library will be discussed on Oct. 20
- People can go there and make a presentation – apparently a 30-minute time limit.
- Currently there is no arrangement for broadcasting the event on the internet, so no ability to make a presentation or to hear what is being said.
- People can create display storyboards for display, to be at the AGT location by Friday Oct 14 (presumably at close of the business day?).
- There is no downtown location for a discussion of the downtown.
- There will be a BEHEARD survey on the City of Regina website (www.beheard.regina.ca/catalyst-committee) starting on October 17th.
- You can currently send them questions now.
- In an interview with Paul Dechene of Prairie Dog Magazine, Councillor Hawkins, co-chair of the Catalyst Committee, said they will be accepting written submissions. Written submissions or questions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as Catalyst Committee.
- Paul Dechene’s Oct. 6th interview “Catalyst Committee Interview With Councillor Hawkins” where the goals of the Committee are explained. Queen City Improvement Bureau Podcasts http://queencityib.com/podcasts/2022/10/7/oct-07-2022-catalyst-committee-interview-with-councillor-hawkins