NEWS RELEASE: Monday March 18, 2013 “Residents Want Library Building to Stay”
REGINA, SK — The Friends of the Regina Public Library (FRPL) are releasing the results of a survey taken to gain opinions about potential upgrading of Central Library. The survey found that:
- Over half (62%) of the participants were aware of the plans to demolish the Central Library building at Lorne and 12th Ave. and replace it with a multi-use facility containing private businesses in addition to a library.
- Almost 90 percent of respondents stated that they cared if the Central Library building was demolished. Over 60 percent cared a lot.
- Ninety-nine percent said it was important to them that the Central Library building remains publicly owned.
- Ninety nine percent were concerned that they had not received details of plans to enter into a public private partnership.
- The majority of people (79%) were concerned with how the project would affect their taxes.