FRPL held a public meeting 7 to 9 pm Tuesday March 13 at the RPL Film Theatre. Over 70 people attended and heard a number of presentations that covered: an overview of the history of Central Branch building; the steps in the current planning process for the upgrading of Central Branch; the heritage aspects of both the Masonic Temple and the Central Branch Building; current protections for municipal heritage buildings in the City of Regina; the important things to consider about public private partnerships; and, a summary of the key current issues. Following that there was a question and answer period.
The full presentation is available, and it is also broken down into sections for easier downloading
- Central Library past & future, Mar 13, 2012 revised PPT
- Central Library past & future, Mar 13, 2012 revised text
- Central Library – 1. Planning & Heritage, Mar 13, 2012 – final PPT
- Central Library – 2. Modernist RPL, Mar 13, 2012 – final PPT
- Central Library – 3. Public Private Partnerships, Mar 13, 2012 – final PPT