Central Library will NOT be on the RPL Board’s June 22 agenda – the RPL Board is waiting for reports from the consultants. Their next regularly scheduled Board meeting is September 28. It is not know if Central Library will be on the agenda or if or when a special meeting could be called.
However, this is still a good time, before decisions are made, for people to put in some efforts to support the retention of the modernist building and ensure full public involvement in any decisions made.
Please go ahead and:
– Let FRPL know your thoughts
– Email or write to the RPL Board
– Contact Regina’s Mayor and City Councillors
Please email or phone FRPL if you have an interest regarding Central Library
– Share ideas or information
– Research examples of modernist library buildings
– Assist with planning ways to inform the public
– Other suggestions …..